For the purposes of these Terms:
"Competition" means the “New Years Cash Solution Giveaway” Competition;
"Competition Period" means the period from 9am AEST 1 January 2024 until 12pm AEST 23 February 2024 AEST.
“Entrant” means a person who submits an Entry to the Competition in compliance with the Eligibility Rules;
“Entry” means an entry form to enter into the draw for the Prize, subject to these terms and conditions; by selling an item, loaning against an item or making a payment on any buyback loan to the value of $50 or more at Participating Cash Converters Stores, who has also accepted the Terms;
"Excluded Persons" means:
Participating Cash Converters Stores” means Cash Converters Gosford, Cash Converters Liverpool, Cash Converters Corrimal, Cash Converters Wollongong, Cash Converters Warrawong, Cash Converters Shellharbour, Cash Converters Woden, Cash Converters Belconnen, Cash Converters Tuggeranong, Cash Converters Moonah & Cash Converters Rosny.
Prize" means a share of 88 $50 prepaid visa gift cards at Participant Cash Converters Stores, subject to any qualifications under these terms and conditions;
“Prize Winner” means the Entrant selected by Cash Converters to redeem the Prize in this Competition;
Prize Winning Entry” means an Entry selected by Cash Converters to win a Prize;
"Cash Converters" means New South Wales (NSW) Cashies Pty Ltd ACN 139 668 170; and
"Terms" means the terms and conditions of the Competition set out herein, including these definitions and the information on how to enter and redeem the Prize;
1. In order to be eligible to enter, the Entrant must:
a) agree to the Terms;
b) be a natural person aged 18 years or over;
c) not be disqualified by virtue of Eligibility Rule 2;
d) provide a correct name, valid home address, valid email address and daytime contact phone number;
e) must have sold or loaned against an item to the value of $50 or more at Participating Cash Converters Stores; and
f) be an Australian resident.
2. Excluded Persons are not eligible to enter.
3. If there is a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an Entrant, Cash Converters reserves the right, in its absolute and unfettered discretion, to determine the eligibility of the Entrant.
4. The Competition will be open to Entrants for the duration of the Competition Period.
5. Only Entries received during the Competition Period will be acceptable for consideration as a Prize Winning Entry by Cash Converters.
Entry to the Competition
6. In order to enter the Competition and submit an Entry, the Entrant must have sold an item, loaned against an item or made a payment on a buyback loan to the value of $50 or more at Participating Cash Converters Stores during the Competition Period and complete an entry form. Entry forms must be placed in the barrel provided in store. The number of entries is not limited.
Determination of Winner
7. Cash Converters acting in its absolute and unfettered discretion, will choose 1 Prize Winner at each Participant Cash Converters Store (for a total of 11 Prize Winners each week) with the Prize Winners being drawn each Friday during the Competition Period and who are the first customer details drawn at random from the accumulated entry forms. The Prize Winners will be notified by phone call.
8. The Prize Winners will each receive a $50 prepaid visa gift card.
9. The Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
10. The Prize must be redeemed in one transaction.
11. The Prize will be collected by the Winner from the Cash Converters store where the deal was made.
12. If the Prize is unclaimed or un-awarded after 3 attempted phone calls over 2 days, a new Prize Winner will be drawn. The new Prize Winner drawn will be contacted via phone call.
14. The winners will be notified via phone call.
15. The winners must be available to redeem their prize at the Cash Converters store where the initial deal was made.
16. The Entrant agrees that Cash Converters may use the Entry for marketing or promotional purposes for an unlimited time and without remuneration.
17. The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the selection of his or her Entry as the Prize Winning Entry shall not represent or confer any endorsement or sponsorship of the Entrant by Cash Converters.
18. In its absolute and unfettered discretion, Cash Converters reserves their right at any time to:
a) verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant's legal identity, age and place of residence);
b) invalidate any Entry received from an Entrant who is subsequently determined to be ineligible or disqualified under these Terms; or
c) disqualify an Entrant or modify, suspend or terminate the Competition or Prize, to the fullest extent permitted by law and may consider doing so in the event of either interference to the conduct of the Competition or change of circumstances that was not reasonably anticipated and is beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
19. By participating in the Competition, the Entrant:
c) grants Cash Converters Australia a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce their photo including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts. The entrant is able to revoke this licence at any time by contacting Cash Converters directly through our relevant social media channels, accounts, or email@example.com and informing Cash Converters that they no longer want their photo used.
20. To the extent permitted by law, Cash Converters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (whether in contract or tort) for any personal injury; economic loss or damages (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way through the Competition out of the following:
a) any technical difficulties, operational failures or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cash Converters);
b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c) any entry form that is late submitted, lost, altered, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by Cash Converters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
d) any variation in the Prize's particulars or value to that stated in these Terms; or
e) any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or Entrant
21. The decision of Cash Converters in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final and binding.
22. Failure by Cash Converters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.