Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of these Terms:
"Cash Converters" means Cash Converters Pty Ltd ABN 75 009 288 804 or any of its related parties;
"Competition" means the “win a $250 in-store voucher” competition;
“Competition Period” means the period from 9am Friday 18 August 2023 AEST to 5pm Saturday 2 September 2023 AEST;
"Entrant" means a person who submits an Entry to the Competition in compliance with the Eligibility Rules;
"Eligibility Rules” means the rules set out in clause 2 of these Terms;
"Entry" means, subject to the Terms, an entry into the draw for the Prize gained by loaning or selling an item to the value of $20 or more at Cash Converters Toowoomba;
"Excluded Persons" means:
- any directors and employees of Cash Converters and any Cash Converters franchisees and any of their directors and employees;
- principals and staff of any agency (including but not limited to marketing and advertising agencies) currently engaged by Cash Converters; or
- principals and staff of any current supplier appointed by Cash Converters including any Immediate families of such persons;
"Immediate family" includes partner/spouse, grandparents, parents, step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, children and step-children (whether natural or by adoption), uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, first cousins and grandchildren;
"Prize" means a $250 in-store voucher, subject to any qualifications under the Terms;
"Prize Winner" means the Entrant selected by Cash Converters to redeem the Prize in this Competition;
"Prize Winning Entry" means an Entry selected by Cash Converters to win a Prize; and
"Terms" means the terms and conditions of the Competition set out herein, including these definitions and the information on how to enter and redeem the Prize;
- Eligibility Rules
- In order to be eligible to enter, the Entrant must:
- agree to the Terms;
- be a natural person aged 18 years or over;
- not be disqualified by virtue of clause 2.
- provide a correct name, valid home address, valid email address and daytime
contact phone number;
- must have loaned or sold an item/s to the value of $20 or more at Cash Converters Toowoomba during the Competition Period; and
- be an Australian resident.
- Excluded Persons are not eligible to enter.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an Entrant, Cash Converters reserves the right, in its absolute and unfettered discretion, to determine the eligibility of the Entrant.
- The Competition will be open to Entrants for the duration of the Competition Period.
- Only Entries received during the Competition Period will be accepted for consideration as a Prize Winning Entry by Cash Converters.
- Entry to the Competition
- In order to enter the Competition and submit an Entry, the Entrant must loan or sell an item to the value of $20 or more during the Competition Period to gain entry into the draw. The number of entries is not limited.
- Determination of Winner
- Cash Converters acting in its absolute and unfettered discretion, will choose the
Prize Winner who is the first customer details drawn at random from the accumulated raffle tickets on Sunday 3 September 2023 at Toowoomba Cash Converters 553 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350.
- Prize Conditions
- The winner will receive $250 in-store voucher.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or a partial credit.
- The Prize must be redeemed in one transaction.
- The Prize will be collected by the Winner from Cash Converters Toowoomba.
- If the prize is unclaimed or un-awarded after 3 attempted phone calls over 2 days, a second prize draw will be conducted on Wednesday 6 September 2023 at Cash Converters Toowoomba. The winner drawn will be contacted via phone call.
- General Conditions
- The winners will be notified via phone call.
- The winners must be available to redeem their prize at Cash Converters Toowoomba.
- The Entrant agrees that Cash Converters may use the Entry for marketing or promotional purposes for an unlimited time and without remuneration.
- The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the selection of their Entry as the Prize Winning Entry shall not represent or confer any endorsement or sponsorship of the Entrant by Cash Converters.
- In its absolute and unfettered discretion, Cash Converters reserves their right at any time to:
- verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant's legal identity, age and place of residence);
- invalidate any Entry received from an Entrant who is subsequently determined to be ineligible or disqualified under these Terms; or
- disqualify an Entrant or modify, suspend or terminate the Competition or Prize, to the fullest extent permitted by law and may consider doing so in the event of either interference to the conduct of the Competition or change of circumstances that was not reasonably anticipated and is beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
- By participating in the Competition, the Entrant:
- grants Cash Converters Australia a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce their photo including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
- The Entrant is able to revoke this licence at any time by contacting Cash Converters directly through our relevant social media channels, accounts, or email@example.com and informing Cash Converters that they no longer want their photo used.
- To the extent permitted by law, Cash Converters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (whether in contract or tort) for any personal injury; economic loss or damages (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way through the Competition out of the following:
- any technical difficulties, operational failures or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cash Converters);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry form that is late submitted, lost, altered, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by Cash Converters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
- any variation in the Prize's particulars or value to that stated in these Terms; or
- any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or Entrant.
- The decision of Cash Converters in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final and binding.
- Failure by Cash Converters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.