Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of these Terms:
"Competition" means the “win a gold pendant” Competition;
"Competition Period" means the period from 9am 2 February 2024 (AEDT) to 5pm 14 February 2024 (AEDT);
"Entrant" means a person who submits an Entry to the Competition in compliance with the Eligibility Rules;
"Entry" means a raffle ticket to enter into the draw for the Prize, who has also accepted the Terms;
"Excluded Persons" means:
- any directors and employees of Cash Converters and any Cash Converters franchisees and any of their directors and employees;
- principals and staff of any agency (including but not limited to marketing and advertising agencies) currently engaged by Cash Converters;
- principals and staff of any current supplier appointed by Cash Converters including any Immediate families of such persons; and
- "Immediate family" includes partner/spouse, grandparents, parents, step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, children and step-children (whether natural or by adoption), uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, first cousins and grandchildren;
"Prizes" means a gold and diamond heart pendant valued at $2,300, subject to any qualifications under these Terms;
"Prize Winner" means the one (1) Entrant selected by Cash Converters to redeem the Prize in this Competition;
"Prize Winning Entry" means an Entry selected by Cash Converters to win a Prize;
"Cash Converters" means NSW Cashies Pty Ltd ABN 16 139 668 170; and
"Terms" means the terms and conditions of the Competition set out herein, including these definitions and the information on how to enter and redeem the Prize;
- In order to be eligible to enter, the Entrant must:
- agree to the Terms;
- not be disqualified by virtue of Eligibility Rule 2;
- provide a correct name, valid home address, valid email address and day time
contact phone number;
- must have purchased jewellery at a minimum value of $100 in one transaction at Cash Converters Moonah; and
- opt-into Cash Converters marketing.
- Excluded Persons are not eligible to enter.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an Entrant, Cash Converters reserves the right, in its absolute and unfettered discretion, to determine the eligibility of the Entrant.
- The Competition will be open to Entrants for the duration of the Competition Period.
- Only Entries received during the Competition Period will be acceptable for consideration as a Prize Winning Entry by Cash Converters.
Entry to the Competition
- In order to enter the Competition and submit an Entry, the Entrant must have purchased jewellery at a minimum value of $100 in one transaction at Cash Converters Moonah between 9am (AEDT) 2 February 2024 and 5pm (AEDT) 14 February 2024 to gain entry into the draw. The number of entries is not limited.
- The Entrant may gain multiple Entries per one transaction in the following circumstances:
- If the Entrant purchases jewellery valued between $100 to $499.99 in one transaction, then the Entrant gains one (1) Entry;
- If the Entrant purchases jewellery valued between $500 to $999.99 in one transaction, then the Entrant gains two (2) Entries; and
- If the Entrant purchases jewellery valued $1,000 or more in one transaction, then the Entrant gains three (3) Entries.
Determination of Winner
- Cash Converters acting in its absolute and unfettered discretion, will choose the Prize Winner who is the first customer details drawn at random from the accumulated raffle tickets, at 11am (AEDT) Monday, 19 February 2024 at Cash Converters Moonah.
- The winner will receive the Prize.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or a partial credit.
- The Prize must be redeemed in one transaction.
- The Prize will be collected by the Prize Winner from Cash Converters Moonah.
- If the Prize is unclaimed or un-awarded after 3 attempted phone calls over 3 days, a re-draw will be conducted at 11am (AEDT) on Wednesday, 22 February 2024, at Cash Converters Moonah. The new prize winner will be contacted via phone call.
- The Prize Winner will be notified via phone call.
- The Prize Winner must be available to redeem their prize at Cash Converters Moonah.
- The Entrant agrees that Cash Converters may use the Entry for marketing or promotional purposes for an unlimited time and without remuneration.
- The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the selection of his or her Entry as the Prize Winning Entry shall not represent or confer any endorsement or sponsorship of the Entrant by Cash Converters.
- In its absolute and unfettered discretion, Cash Converters reserves their right at any time to:
- verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant's legal identity, age and place of residence);
- invalidate any Entry received from an Entrant who is subsequently determined to be ineligible or disqualified under these Terms; or
- disqualify an Entrant or modify, suspend or terminate the Competition or Prize, to the fullest extent permitted by law and may consider doing so in the event of either interference to the conduct of the Competition or change of circumstances that was not reasonably anticipated and is beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
- By participating in the Competition, the Entrant:
- grants Cash Converters Australia a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce their photo including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
The Entrant is able to revoke this licence at any time by contacting Cash Converters directly through our relevant social media channels, accounts, or email@example.com and informing Cash Converters that they no longer want their photo used.
- To the extent permitted by law, Cash Converters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (whether in contract or tort) for any personal injury; economic loss or damages (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way through the Competition out of the following:
- any technical difficulties, operational failures or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cash Converters);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry form that is late submitted, lost, altered, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by Cash Converters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
- any variation in the Prize's particulars or value to that stated in these Terms; or
- any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or Entrant.
- The decision of Cash Converters in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final and binding.
- Failure by Cash Converters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.