For the purposes of these Terms:
"Competition" means the “Cashies Golden Giveaway” Competition;
"Competition Period" means the period from 9am AWST 4 December 2023 to 12pm AWST Friday 22 December 2023.
"Entrant" means a person who submits an Entry to the Competition in compliance with the Eligibility Rules;
"Entry" means a comment posted by the Entrant in response to the Facebook or Instagram post published by Cash Converters, between Monday to Wednesday each week during the Competition Period to enter into the draw for the Prize, subject to these terms and conditions, who has also accepted the Terms;
"Excluded Persons" means:
"Prizes" means either:
1. 1 of 3 $1,000 prepaid VISA gift cards; or
2. 1 of 3 pieces of select jewellery to the retail value of at least $2,000 and such Prizes being chosen at the discretion of each Prize Winner following an Entry into the Competition during the Competition Period, subject to any qualifications under these terms and conditions;
"Prize Winner" means the one Entrant per post selected by Cash Converters to redeem the Prize in this Competition, for a total of 3 Prize Winners during the Competition Period;
"Prize Winning Entry" means an Entry selected by Cash Converters to win a Prize;
"Cash Converters" means Cash Converters Pty Ltd ABN 75 009 288 804; and
"Terms" means the terms and conditions of the Competition set out herein, including these definitions and the information on how to enter and redeem the Prize;
1. In order to be eligible to enter, the Entrant must:
a) agree to the Terms;
b) entrants under the age of 18 years must gain legal consent from a parent or legal guardian before entering the competition;
c) not be disqualified by virtue of Eligibility Rule 2;
d) provide a correct name, valid home address, valid email address and day time contact phone number;
e) answer at least one of the three questions provided by Cash Converters;
f) be an Australian resident.
g) opt-into Cash Converters marketing.
2. Excluded Persons are not eligible to enter.
3. If there is a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an Entrant, Cash Converters reserves the right, in its absolute and unfettered discretion, to determine the eligibility of the Entrant.
4. The Competition will be open to Entrants for the duration of the Competition Period.
5. Only Entries received during the Competition Period will be acceptable for consideration as a Prize Winning Entry by Cash Converters.
Entry to the Competition
6. In order to enter the Competition and submit an Entry, the Entrant must post a comment in response to the corresponding Facebook or Instagram post published by Cash Converters between Monday 9am (AWST) and Wednesday 11.59pm (AWST) during any given week of the Competition Period. During the Competition Period, there will be a total of three Golden Giveaway questions and each answer provided by an Entrant will constitute one Entry into the Competition. The number of entries is not limited.
Determination of Winner
7. Cash Converters acting in its absolute and unfettered discretion will choose the Prize Winners by selecting the winning entries each Friday during the Competition at Head Office, Level 11/141 St Georges Tce, Perth WA 6000 to select a total of 3 Prize Winners. Each of the Prize Winners will be announced on a weekly basis during the Competition Period.
8. The Prize Winner for each week during the Competition Period will choose between a $1,000 prepaid VISA gift card or a piece of select jewellery to the retail value of at least $2,000 & selected by Cash Converters.
9. The Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or a partial credit.
10. The Prizes must be redeemed in one transaction.
11. The Prizes will be sent to the Prize Winners.
12. There can only be one Prize Winner per household.
13. If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes after 3 contact attempts, a prize draw will be conducted at 10am (AWST) on Thursday 28 December 2023, at the same place as the original draw. The new Prize Winner drawn will be contacted via social media through the account used to enter into the Competition.
15. The Prize Winners will be notified via social media.
16. The Prize Winners must provide their details to be able to redeem their prize.
17. The Entrants agrees that Cash Converters may use the Entry for marketing or promotional purposes for an unlimited time and without remuneration.
18. The Entrants acknowledges and agree that the selection of their Entry as the Prize Winning Entry shall not represent or confer any endorsement or sponsorship of the Entrants by Cash Converters.
19. In its absolute and unfettered discretion, Cash Converters reserves their right at any time to:
a) verify the validity of Entries and Entrants (including an Entrant's legal identity, age and place of residence);
b) invalidate any Entry received from an Entrant who is subsequently determined to be ineligible or disqualified under these Terms; or
c) disqualify an Entrant or modify, suspend or terminate the Competition or Prize, to the fullest extent permitted by law and may consider doing so in the event of either interference to the conduct of the Competition or change of circumstances that was not reasonably anticipated and is beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
20. By participating in the Competition, the Entrant:
c) grants Cash Converters Australia a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce their photo including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
The entrant is able to revoke this licence at any time by contacting Cash Converters directly through our relevant social media channels, accounts, or email@example.com and informing Cash Converters that they no longer want their photo used.
21. To the extent permitted by law, Cash Converters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (whether in contract or tort) for any personal injury; economic loss or damages (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way through the Competition out of the following:
a) any technical difficulties, operational failures or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cash Converters);
b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c) any entry form that is late submitted, lost, altered, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by Cash Converters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cash Converters.
d) any variation in the Prize's particulars or value to that stated in these Terms; or
e) any tax liability incurred by the Prize Winner or Entrant.
22. The decision of Cash Converters in relation to any aspect of the Competition will be final and binding.
23. Failure by Cash Converters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.